Why Conduct Employee Surveys?
Employee surveys can be an excellent gateway to precious insight. Measuring your employee engagement levels is absolutely crucial to your business. And here’s why:
The heart of any company is the people.
When your employees are emotionally invested in your company, they’ll do everything in their power to help it succeed. Truly engaged employees will be more committed and productive, which in turn increases sales. Not to mention, their passion will attract new customers – and possibly some new talent. Employee surveys will help you get to the root of what’s been working and what might need a little tweaking. However, the key is knowing what to ask.
Asking the Right Questions
If you don’t take a baseline measure to gain insight into where your employees currently stand, how could you possibly make the necessary improvements to boost and maintain engagement? Making these sound business choices relies heavily on having a clear understanding of employee perceptions. Also, it’s paramount to attracting new talent and retaining them as lifelong brand ambassadors. In order to reveal all the actionable insights you can from your survey, you’ll want to make sure you ask the right questions.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when formulating your survey questions:
- Keep your questions simple and concise. Long, complicated questions can end up muddling your meaning. Try breaking up your questions into shorter, more pointed inquiries. It will make it easier for your staff to provide a more crystal clear answer which makes analyzing the data that much easier.
- Throw in a few sliding scales. Most survey questions run on a ‘Strongly agree – Strongly disagree’ scale. It’s completely up to you how large you want to make your scale, but keep them consistent. This will ease the pain of data analysis by making it possible to directly compare scores for each survey question.
- Sprinkle in a few open-enders. Open-ended questions will give your staff a place to voice their opinions in their own words, making them feel valued and heard. It can also be a great opportunity for growth and innovation. If you give them a place to make suggestions, you never know when the next brilliant idea might pop up.
Using the Right Tools
Conducting employee surveys can be cumbersome, and quite frankly, boring. Therefore, having the right tool for the job is also extremely important. Because of that, MevoApp made sure to add a section specifically for conducting truly dynamic employee surveys.
- Add images, articles, and videos to your surveys for a bit more zest.
- Choose between single choice, multiple-choice, or open-ended questions with an option for a text field.
- Get split-second data analysis with MevoApp’s statistics report
- Deliver instant user gratification by rewarding points for completed surveys
- Make your surveys convenient and mobile by sending them directly to your staff’s phones